cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjimang Helper I
Helper I

Update SharePoint Location Column with Bing Connector

Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to update a SharePoint list 'Location' column with flow? I have a heap of sites with addresses in secondary address columns (Street, City, State, Country, Post Code, Lon, Lat). I would love to transfer it all into an actual Location column. I was thinking I could get the Point Coordinates using the Bing Maps connector, but it seems Flow cannot update a Location column.

I would love to do something like the following:

- Button trigger

- Get Items (all in the list)

- Update Items (the same list)

I have seen someone use the Send HTML command action, but I don't understand it at all. I also think you need to have a bing location code already, which I don't (but I do have good quality location info).

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update SharePoint Location Column with Bing Connector

Hi @Benjimang ,

Could you please explain more details about the Location Column?

Does the Location Column is created manually?

If the Location Column is created manually, I have made a test on my side to create a Location Colum with single line of text type, and you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Benjimang Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-alzhan-msft ,

No, the 'location' column is actually named "Address" and is of the 'location' column type. This keeps track of all of our clients. It produces:

- Address (Bing address code)

- Address: Name

- Address: Street

- Address: City

- Address: State

- Address: Country/Region

- Address: Point Coordinates

I have then decided to add 800 venues to the list as targets for our sales team. I have manually created a complete set of text columns (below) and imported some address info into (from an excel sheet) in the same list:

- Address (target): Name

- Address (target): Street

- Address (target): City

- Address (target): State

- Address (target): Country/Region

- Address (target): Point Coordinates

What I would love to do, is somehow update the actual 'location' column so that I get proper Bing addresses and coordinates. Is this in any way possible?

Benjimang Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-alzhan-msft ,

Just as an update, I've experimented with the output of the Bing connector and I don't believe it's compatible with any technique I have discovered for SharePoint Location columns. Here is one method that uses the 'Send HTTP Request to SharePoint' action:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Community-Blog/How-to-update-a-SharePoint-location-fie...

Unfortunately, you need to already know the SharePoint location column JSON for the location. Using the Bing connector doesn't give you that. At present, we have a way to use Bing to turn manual address info into high quality location information, but no way to turn that into an entry in a SharePoint Location Column. 

Unless anyone else knows a way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,667)