cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarcoLotscherNC
Level: Powered On

Update SharePoint Properties with predefined account

Does anyone know how I can update SharePoint Document properties with a predefined account?

If I use the action "Update SharePoint Document Properties" this is always executed in the context of the flow initiator.

Unfortunately this is a deadlock in my case, since I would like to update the document properties of a document which was approved and set to readonly for the flow initiator.

I'd like to avoid having to set permissions to contribute just for updating the properties.

4 REPLIES 4
StefanR
Level 8

Re: Update SharePoint Properties with predefined account

Hi @MarcoLotscherNC ,

It sounds like the Flow is triggerd via PowerApps, a Flow-Button or from out of a SharePoint-List.

Try to use a recurrence or automatic trigger instead. 

Then the action will be processed with the unerlaying account.

The recurrence trigger can work as a timer job (every day, hour, month,...).

Then you select all documents that fit your requirements and move them.

I hope, i could have helped you. If so, it would be nice if you mark this post as a solution.

Best regards

Stefan

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @MarcoLotscherNC 

If the Flow is manually triggered, you can configure the connection for the particular action/ trigger for run only users. You can provide the connection of the owner of the flow for all these actions and everytime the flow is run, it will use those connections. If it is triggered from PowerApps, there isn't really a way you can configure that. 

If you can share more details, we might be able to assist you better. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

MarcoLotscherNC
Level: Powered On

You are right. In my case it's triggered by PowerApps. The connection on the activity which updates the property is set to a service account. But if the flow is run it acts as the initiator.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @MarcoLotscherNC 

Yes. So when it is from a powerapps control, and the powerapps is assigned to a user (with a user role or co owner), it will alwasy use the user's connections for all the actions on the flow. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,086)