cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlnessDev

Update SharePoint item is affecting ALL items

I have a basic flow using the 'When an item or file is Modified' in SharePoint

All it does is updates a column with the word True, if the column is not already True, when the item is edited. It should only affect the record that is being edited but it updates the entire list.

Here is the list

1.png

Here is the flow

2.png

Here is the only field being updated

3.png

And here is the resulting list

4.png

It fills the whole 'Currently Assigned' column with trues, strangely enough it seems to miss one out for some reason; it wasn't the one I was editing.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @AlnessDev 

Your flow is correct! Could you check again that it's updating all the items? Are you using the grid view to modify the items?

Anyway, you could improve your flow, and add a trigger condition, so it is only executed if the condition is true:

triggerCond1.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @AlnessDev 

Your flow is correct! Could you check again that it's updating all the items? Are you using the grid view to modify the items?

Anyway, you could improve your flow, and add a trigger condition, so it is only executed if the condition is true:

triggerCond1.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

AlnessDev

I had used grid view to duplicate the tasks, there must have been something in the background that made the flow think they were all the same. I created 3 separate tasks and the flow now works. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,965)