cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JarbasMartinho
Helper I
Helper I

Update Sharepoint Item List Loop

Helo! I have a list in sharpoint with a calculated column that I need to view its summation in view mode.

I created a column of type number and a flow to update the list item with the value of the calculated field. However, even with the control inserted in the flow, it is in loop.

JarbasMartinho_1-1626888354542.png

JarbasMartinho_2-1626888524459.png

JarbasMartinho_3-1626888548994.png

1 REPLY 1
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JarbasMartinho ,

It's a known issue that when using "When an item is created or modified" trigger along with the "Update item" action may lead to infinity loop.

Similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Update-Item-Infinite-Loop/td-p/252742

Please refer to below blog which has detailed solution:

https://o365scott.blog/2019/12/18/stopping-infinite-loops-when-updating-sharepoint-list-items/

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,457)