Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Sharepoint List from Excel Table

Hi,

I have a flow that is running with no errors, the problem i'm running into is when i update the excel the sharepoint list does not update with the changes.  Any help is appreciated

start.png

List rows.png

apply to each_LI.jpg

conditions_LI.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

The problem is that the Excel connector(s) have many issues - mainly file lockout, and aren't recommended if at all possible. The Excel connectors have a huge number of Known Issues and Limitations.

The only way I've been able to regularly update a SharePoint List from an Excel spreadsheet is to first purge the list, then populate the list from the Excel table.

Here's a snapshot of my two Flows that run with nearly 100% reliability, I purge at midnight, and populate at 12:15AM: 

PurgeList.PNG

PopulateList.PNG

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can you provide a bit more information about your Excel and SharePoint List, the condition you are using, and the run results? I am suspecting that your issue may be in the Filter Query of the "List Rows" action. Title eq 'Title' will filter out all rows that don't have the word "Title" in the title column. If you are looking to match the Title value in the excel to the title value in the List then remove the filter query from the List rows action. I am also making the assumption that Title will be a unique key column?

On a side note, is there a specific reason that you would need to use both a SharePoint list and an excel? I often prefer to use one or the other depending on the application. The quick edit function in SharePoint isn't ideal but its functional.  

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

The problem is that the Excel connector(s) have many issues - mainly file lockout, and aren't recommended if at all possible. The Excel connectors have a huge number of Known Issues and Limitations.

The only way I've been able to regularly update a SharePoint List from an Excel spreadsheet is to first purge the list, then populate the list from the Excel table.

Here's a snapshot of my two Flows that run with nearly 100% reliability, I purge at midnight, and populate at 12:15AM: 

PurgeList.PNG

PopulateList.PNG

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply @Brad_Groux 

That flow could work, but as a follow up question, know that the ID field is being used as the unique identifier in the sharepoint list.  Have you seen a workaround for this or a way to uniquely identify the different list items?

Highlighted

You would use the Filter array functionality to accomplish this, and could create variables with compose based upon those filter arrays. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,032)