cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Update Sharepoint List from SQL Table

Hi, I'm fairly new to the power platform and I have been tasked with creating an inventory catalog that matches up with our back end SQL data. I am creating this catalog using powerapps and I am using sharepoint as a database to connect the two. FYI this would be much easier if our company could afford to give all of our users premium powerapps licenses because then I could just connect it directly to the source data; however, we are a small company and cannot afford 100 or so premium powerapps licenses. 

Anyway, so my issue here is how do I keep this information up to date as frequently possible? 

-I have been trying to leverage our 1 premium power automate license to workaround this issue, following and recreating the solutions of this post and the template. One solution is an update/insert solution and the other is just deleting all the items in the SP list and reuploading the refreshed data from SQL. 

Post 1: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/SQL-to-Share-Point-Insert-Update/td-p/307864

Template 1: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/86b35d52959b42e8b615b5308a2122f3/refr...

Both of these either have timeout issues or they just take forever. Does anyone have any ideas to help with this process without paying out more money? 

Other info: I have maxed the concurrency control out and the pagnation is on with a 15000 threshold limit

The list contains 14,918 items 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update Sharepoint List from SQL Table

Hello @bhanney2323 ,

The Flow is taking 'forever', because there are daily API limits on the license you have, which means once you hit that Limit, it will get stuck until the Quota is refreshed for you again.

Here is the API allocations you can look through-

Microsoft Power Platform requests allocations based on licenses 

Now, ideally with 14000+ records, it does seem to be a challenge; Pagination helps with retrieving the data for you in a single request, but that is not the case with writing back on the item or updating the existing item.

I don't seem to have another opinion on this, but surely let me check if there is any suitable way to achieve it. 

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: Update Sharepoint List from SQL Table

You mentioned that you can not afford Power Apps licenses for 100 users. 

If your data is on Premise SQL, then you can always write a quick .NET application that connects to SQL.

if your data is on Azure SQL, you can write SPFx webpart to connect to SQL.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,956)