cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moragb
Regular Visitor

Update Sharepoint list from email body

I am trying to get a SharePoint list to update but having some problems when either “send and wait for approval” or “send email with options” are sent to a shared inbox. Neither work (but does work if sent to an individual which i don't need).

So, what I was thinking as a work around would be to send an email asking the shared inbox users to delete a word as applicable (“Approve” / “Reject”) and email that back – however I'm struggling to see if its possible to identify the SharePoint list line from the reply email, and also read the “approve” or ”Reject” in the body of email to update the SharePoint list column (Approve Value) with “approve” or ”Reject”. See the image uploaded for flow 1 - but not sure how to progress the shared mailbox section.

I was using 2 flows - one to send out the email, and the 2nd flow to be when an email is received into shared mailbox with "Timesheet Approval" as subject update the share point list row with Approve Value as “approve” or ”Reject”. Any ideas? or indeed any alternative ideas on what I can do as an approval work around for sending to shared inboxes?

Untitled-2.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,431)