Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mthiru
Helper II
Helper II

Update Sharepoint list item when an item is created or modified

Hello community,

I'd like to create a flow to update the status of a SharePoint list to "Completed" using the SharePoint connector when an item is created or Modified.

Action is triggered using "When an item is created or modified" SharePoint connector. Added the site address and List name.

Condition is if a column value which has Yes or No choice is equal to Yes,  then update SharePoint Item Status to 'Complete'.

However, during testing I keep getting an error: ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied.

Error msg 2.pngError msg.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you don't want to update a column just leave that field blank. When I started using Flow back in early 2018 I added in every column from the dynamic content then realised I didn't need to.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@mthiru in your condition if the SharePoint column is a Yes/No column then use True not Yes.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

@RobElliott 

thanks for quick response. So i did change the value to "true" previously i had it capitalized "True" and it ran into error. 

@rob, another question - in regards to the Update Item.

With the Update Item connector you have access to all the fields/columns from the SharePoint list. If I don't want to make a change from this flow how are all those other fields supposed to be address in this flow.

This flow I am creating is actually a secondary flow that checks to see if the tasks are all complete in order to update the status to complete.

I only care to update item for one "status" field from In Progress to Complete. I am confused as to how to avoid not populating other fields by this update item when an "update item" connector used in a previous flow should take precedent and update as required.

If you don't want to update a column just leave that field blank. When I started using Flow back in early 2018 I added in every column from the dynamic content then realised I didn't need to.

Rob
Los Gallardos

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mthiru ,

Please refer to @RobElliott 's solution.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,636)