cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update Specific Field of Specific List Item Based on Update of Similar Item in Another List

Hi,

I have two SharePoint lists that have similar fields but at least one field (a number) has to be identical. This field gets updated manually in one list only but I need to build a flow to update it on the other list. I have another common field that have identical IDs in both list but do not know how to make the flow know which list item to update.

Your help is highly appreciated as I have spent two days to figure this out.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update Specific Field of Specific List Item Based on Update of Similar Item in Another List

Hi @WAM2 ,

It seems that you need to use Filter Query to filter items, and the ID as a filter.

Please check this article and get more details about Filter Query:

OData Filter query in SharePoint Get items in Flow

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Update Specific Field of Specific List Item Based on Update of Similar Item in Another List

Hi @WAM2 

Whenever one list is updated, get the values of the field that you have to update to the other list and also the value of the identical field, use this value to get the item on the other list and update it. I don't see any problem in doing this. If you want more info, may be you can post some screenshots of how you had designed it.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WAM2 ,

It seems that you need to use Filter Query to filter items, and the ID as a filter.

Please check this article and get more details about Filter Query:

OData Filter query in SharePoint Get items in Flow

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @sudharsan1985

Your hint guided me to solution. Now it is perfectly working using the Filter Query.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @v-bacao-msft , this is perfectly what I need. Everything is working as expected. Highly appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,965)