cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJW

Update Task Details - checklist item

I am modifying a flow and adding an update task details action. All works fine until I try and add a checklist item as part of updating the task detail, where anything I try makes the action fail (it works fine without attempting to add checklist items). I figure its likely the id thats the issue, but neither just a numeric nor generating a guid works.

Any ideas how / if this part of the action actually works?

PJW_0-1612911890442.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @PJW 

Could you please try to delete the step 'Update task details' and recreate it?

Maybe there is a problem with the action you used.

I've found similar problem from another user and the problem was solved:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Get-Checklist-from-existing-task-on-planner-and-Upda...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @PJW 

You can simply type in integer for cheklist Id, such as 1/2/3/4/…

Strongly recommend you type integer in incremental sequence with the beginning of 1. Because the checklist Id serves as an unique identifier for the checklist. Even two checklist items have the same Title, they do not have the same Id.

2.10-9.PNG

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately that doesn't work - fails with BadRequest error "Property checklist in payload has a value that does not match schema." I cannot work out why based on the input code.

"body": {
        "description": "test2\nbigpharma\n\n\n\n\n------\nTask created on Microsoft Forms submission. \nResponder:  Peter.Woods@themrn.co.uk\nSubmitted On: 2/9/2021 10:09:25 PM\n",
        "checklist": [
            {
                "id": "1",
                "title": "a checklist item",
                "isChecked": false
            }
        ]
    }

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @PJW 

Could you show me screenshots of your detailed flow?

Because my flow didn't occur the same problem as yours. Maybe it's an another step causing this problem.

Best Regards,

PJW

See shots here - it all works fine until I try to add checklist items (other parts of update task details are completed succesfully)

PJW_0-1613402999275.png

PJW_1-1613403123732.png

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @PJW 

Could you please try to delete the step 'Update task details' and recreate it?

Maybe there is a problem with the action you used.

I've found similar problem from another user and the problem was solved:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Get-Checklist-from-existing-task-on-planner-and-Upda...

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (42,064)