cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GraemeNZ
Advocate III
Advocate III

Update Today's date in SharePoint Library for all items (not List)

Hi - there is good info around how to do this for a SP List, but SP Library doesn't have a Get Items connector.

I have a document library with reports that have a target closed date. We need to compare Today with the target date to see what percentage of allowed time has elapsed, so we can prioritise those actions. We can do this manually be filtering the library on open items, then bulk edit today's date for those items. But I thought to myself, "Flow should be able to do that automatically." Except I'm stuck... I envisage this being a scheduled cloud flow that runs daily at something like 5am. 

Screenshot shows how columns work. Max Days has a default of 30 days but can be manually changed. So essentially the calculated columns look at today's date and work out age and % of days used already. 

GraemeNZ_0-1646796603507.png

Cheers, GraemeNZ

2 REPLIES 2
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GraemeNZ ,

Do you want to update the properties of the files in SharePoint Document Library 

You could try to use the Get files (properties only) Action.

I have made a test for your reference.

1. Here is my SharePoint Document Library.

vyujincuimsft_0-1646978308175.png

2. Here is my Flow.

vyujincuimsft_1-1646978607153.png

vyujincuimsft_2-1646978639115.png

Result Screenshot:

vyujincuimsft_3-1646978657454.png

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

GraemeNZ
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @v-yujincui-msft Thanks for your help. I tried this and it only seems to populate dates if they are blank, so won't update today's date each day. Any ideas why?

Also, ideally I wanted to only run this flow for open items. We already have a view for open items, can I just use that? I'm confused by the wording as it says to limit 'columns' by view, but I want to limit 'items' by view.

Cheers, Graeme

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,025)