cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ictopuz
Regular Visitor

Update a Multi-Choice Field by Adding a new choice and without removing old ones.

Hello again,

Hopefully anyone can help me with this issue, let me explain:

Example:

List A called "User DB" with a multiple-choice field that have all the "Contracts" listed - Contract 1, Contract 2, Contract 3...

List B called "Contract Requests" that contains to columns: "Request Status" - New/Completed and "Contract Name" - Contract 1, Contract 2, Contract 3....

What I need is that when an Item gets a "Completed" status on "Contract Request" List it would automatically update the User Item in "User DB" by appending this new contract without removing others that are already in there.

"User DB" List - User X - Active Contracts = X

then

"Contract Request" -> For User X and Contracts Y and Z -> Status "Completed"

results

"User DB List - User X - Active Contracts = X, Y and Z.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks! 🙂

1 REPLY 1
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ictopuz  you can add below steps to your flow to append values to existing choice values in SharePoint list

1. Add Select action (this needs to be added after the action which gets values from your SharePoint list). Select the Choice column from dynamic content in the From parameter. In the map configure as shown below

annajhaveri_0-1659087164692.png

2. Then add Initialize Variable action, name it and select type as Array, assign output to select action as value

annajhaveri_1-1659087214493.png

3. Add Append to array variable action and configure it as shown below. Replace new value here with your contract value that needs to be appended

annajhaveri_2-1659087253084.png

4. In the Update item action, provide the ChoiceArray variable for the multichoice field, you need to click switch button which you will find beside the multichoice field in order to provide select Choice array variable

annajhaveri_4-1659087396768.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,066)