cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruben94
Level: Powered On

Update a Sharepoint item when another list is modified

Hello evryone,

I'm learning Flow, but this project is beyond my knowledge at the moment.

My ultimate goal is to insert a pie chart displaying how much cases have been handled ( HANDLED / NOT HANDLED ).

I have two Lists :

1. CASES List : contains the name of every case and either it has been handled or not ( NAME = TEXT / HANDLED = YES/NO )
  2. TOTAL List :  it's the one the chart is based on. Contains the total of handled cases, and non-handled cases ( STATUS= TEXT / TOTAL = NUMBER )

So, basically, what I want to do is pretty straightforward :

• When a case is HANDLED ( NO to YES ), increment by 1 the TOTAL of HANDLED cases in the TOTAL List and decrement by 1 the TOTAL of NON-HANDLED cases.
  • Exact opposite when a HANDLED case is revert to NON-HANDLED ( = NO )

I didn't find a way to do this but to use Flow ( don't have Power BI license to insert a report, and Excel web-part is pretty awfull ).

However, I did find similar issues on the forum, but I'm not able to adapt the solution to my project.

Thank in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update a Sharepoint item when another list is modified

Hi @Ruben94 ,

Please try this:

24.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ruben94 

Try using SharePoint flow step trigger When an item is created or modified. Then check the handled value? Then use the Sharepoint Update item flow step to increment or decrement the list column value.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Ruben94 ,

Please try to configure your Flow according to the method mentioned in the similar posts in the forum.

The steps to create a Flow are simple. You only need to clarify the logic of the scene you want to implement and achieve it using the existing features in MS Flow.

It's hard to provide a detailed method for you based on your description. You could try to build your Flow based on similar methods in other posts.

If you have any questions when you configuring this Flow, you could post here so we can help you analyze the problem.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ruben94

Hey,

Thanks for your answers.

I tried and did a lot of research. I think I'm really close to my goal.

Here are my two lists.

TOTAUX.png
files.png

As I said, I would like my TOTAUX List to reflect how many cases have treated ( integrated ) or not. So, 

Here's the crucial part of my flow.

Flow.png

So there are 3 things I'm not sure about :

- The Filter Query. I don't know if that's the correct format. When I used the TRUE function, because the field is Boolean, ( "INTEGRATION eq TRUE ), it didn't work.

- I found the Get Items and Compose idea here. But, clearly, it doesn't work for me when I run a test. My output is the same as my input : @lenght(body('Get items')?['value']). I should get a number, should'nt I ?

- CATEGORIE from Update Item. It seems to work like that, but I wasn't sure what to type in.

Can you please help me ?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Ruben94 

Thanks for the reply. What's your trigger here? Believe you can get the details from the trigger instead you using Get Items.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Ruben94

Here you go

Trigger.png

So, ideally whenever someone modifies the DOSSIERS list, the TOTAUX list is refreshed to correctly reflects the sum of treated files and non-treated files.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Ruben94 ,

Please try this:

24.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,941)