cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NurNina
Level: Powered On

Update a record is forbidden

Hi, Im new with building Flows. I have a question. Im trying to update a record in canvas apps using flow,which is to change the owner of activity. However, my flow is failed when I try to run it.  

flow 1.PNG

it says in the image that it is forbidden. does that mean I cannot change the record?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Update a record is forbidden

Hi @NurNina 

Are you able to update any other fields? Is it just the owner field that cannot be updated?

This could be an issue with User Security. If so, you would need to ensure that the user making the change (the connection being used in the Flow update action) has the appropriate security privileges to Update the Task entity. You will also need to make sure that the user that is being assigned the Owner has the security privileges needed to own it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @NurNina ,

I think your guess is correct. If the Owner of this task has been changed to someone else, it means that you do not have permission to update this record. Because Update a record action uses your account to create the connection.

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
NurNina
Level: Powered On

@LeeHarris  yes only the owner field cannot be updated. May I know what is the security level require to update the owner field? 

Super User
Super User

Hi @NurNina 

As it is only the Owner field that cannot be updated, this could either be an issue with the security privileges of the User that you are assigning the Activity to or a missing Append privilege. You will need to check that the User that you are trying to assign the Activity to has the appropriate Read/Update privileges for the ActivityPointer entity and the type of Activity that you are assigning (e.g. Phone Call or Email).  Also check that the user performing the Update on the Activity Owner field has the Append privilege for the User entity and the Append To privilege for the Activity (e.g. Phone Call, Email etc) entity.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,103)