Helper II
Helper II

Update a row 404 Error

Hi All, 

I am building a flow where:

1. An MS Form is submitted
  2. Data is stored in an Excel database
  3. An e-mail is sent to a user with options

I would like the Excel database to be updated with the user's response. I am using the 'Update a row' card and it keeps failing.  

The error is: No row was found with Id '4'.

There is an ID column in the database but somehow it's just not matching the two. PA Issue.png

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mila

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @Mila 

the Key column and Key value define, which row needs to be updated. If your "ID" column is unique (and not empty), I would recommend using this. Please select "ID" within "Key column" and either use the dynamic value from your "Add a row into a table", where you first create a new row or directly the response ID from your MS Forms.

Hope this helps you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @Mila 

the Key column and Key value define, which row needs to be updated. If your "ID" column is unique (and not empty), I would recommend using this. Please select "ID" within "Key column" and either use the dynamic value from your "Add a row into a table", where you first create a new row or directly the response ID from your MS Forms.

Hope this helps you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

@MarvinBangert Hero! Thanks so much Marvin, I just could not figure out why it would not work, now I know where I was going wrong! Many thanks

rjones2022
Frequent Visitor

When you say "Please select "ID" within "Key column" and either use the dynamic value from your "Add a row into a table", where you first create a new row or directly the response ID from your MS Forms."

I have my create excel row step putting hte forms response id into a column (column45). I want to update that particular row with "Approved - Approver name" once the approval is approved. However, If I have more than one approval pending then nothing is working.  Also, looking above, I don't see forms response ID in the dynamic content for my key value. I wanted to try that but there is nothing. 

I get the following error":

"status"409,
  "message""Excel table already has a row with id 'Status Appoved - Approver'
rjones2022
Frequent Visitor

Actually I got it working. I just added the form ID dynamic content to the update a row step. So it generates "Status Approved - Approver name - FormID#. This way the output is always unique. One the Initial add row to excel step I put in "status pending - FormID#". Works with multiple open approvals and it updates the correct row. Seemingly. I'm testing still. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,063)