cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iorigiu

Update a row - Reference table dinamically. Is it possible?

Hello,

I have a Flow which updates an Excel document based on a given Forms response. This Excel document is formated close to the example below:

Patient1P1_TableX
Patient2P2_TableX
Patient3P3_TableX

And so on and so forth...

Basically the same set of tables for each patient.

These tables have different names (P1Table X, P2Table X) because even though they contain the same rows (same expected data format) they contain different values in each cell.

My Flow then receives the Forms input and, after processing this data, is meant to update this Excel file with said data.

Everything works fine if I'm just working with one single table (Ex: selecting just "P1TableX" in the Update a row action) but, the Flow must update the correct table according to the ID ("Patient 01") from input (forms).

This table name is an expression which combines Forms processed data to generate a string that will match the right table name in the excel document.

Is it possible to reference a table from dynamic data? (Table name = expression/output)

Screenshot 2022-10-14 031723.png

I have tried other solutions to similar problems but they didn't work.

Thanks in advance,

Giulianno Iori.

1 REPLY 1
iorigiu

Bumping this post as I am still searching for possible solutions. Anyone has any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,866)