cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhinaybuiss
Helper I
Helper I

Update a row error: "message": "')' or ',' expected at position...

Hi,

Thank you for reading my post.

I have a table in Dataverse with primary column PrimaryIdx which is of type Autonumber.

I am trying to update that table in a flow and I have passed a string variable with value '2021-04-06-000000037' in the 'Row ID' parameter.

The raw input is:

{
    "host": {
        "connectionReferenceName": "shared_commondataserviceforapps",
        "operationId": "UpdateRecord"
    },
    "parameters": {
        "entityName": "<somename>",
        "recordId": "2021-04-06-000000037",
        "item/<somecolumn>": <some value>
    }
}

The step is failing with the following error message:

{
  "error": {
    "code": "0x8006088a",
    "message": "')' or ',' expected at position 5 in '(2021-04-06-000000037)'."
  }
}

Am I doing something wrong here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abhinaybuiss
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I was using the wrong column for the value of record id. I fixed it and it worked.

With best regards,

Abhinay

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Johnnyg
Community Support
Community Support

Hello abhinaybuiss,

Could you share more field details on this "recordid field"? Please check below similar issue and whether you recordid share the same situation 
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Automatically-create-record-in-Dynamics-3... 

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
abhinaybuiss
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I was using the wrong column for the value of record id. I fixed it and it worked.

With best regards,

Abhinay

Could you give details on what you mean by wrong column for the value of record id? That way others like myself that are trying to fix a similar error message can replicate your solution. 

dazzerd
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks dataflows works using the actual GUID which I can access, problem is the dataflow updates 1 row at a time... when I need to bulk update 1000+ in one go. Must be some way to update from a spreadsheet then import in bulk.

dazzerd
Helper I
Helper I

hmm ignore wrong post....

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,489)