cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonV2
Frequent Visitor

Update a row in an Excel Sheet after adding condition

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with my flow when it comes to update a row in an Excel sheet after adding a condition.

The flow :

> When a new email adress is added in the table in the Sharepoint

> The flow compares it to a list of Group Members in Azure AD

> If the email in the Excel is also in the Azure AD group the flow is supposed to put "yes" in the column "included in the Azure AD"

> If not, it is supposed to put "No" in this same column.

The First steps are working, but at the step "apply to each" with the condition the flow is running and then time out.

I think i didn't put the right values in the condition but i'm not sure which one i'm suppose to use ...

I hope someone will be able to help me on this problem..

Below are the screen captures of the construction of the flow :

Thanks a lot ....!!!!!

Capture 0.JPGCapture.JPGCapture 2.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @SimonV2 

Could you check your run history and check how many records are retrieved from Get group members? 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
SimonV2
Frequent Visitor

Hi @abm !

thank you for your answer

in the step 'get group members' i cannot find the number of records retrieved, but on the following step 'apply to each' (the one with a problem) it says 256. (But the group on Azure AD only contains 96 members, this is why i think the construction of my flow is not reliable)

Capture.JPG

Hi @SimonV2 

If you expand the Get Group Members run history step you should be able to see which records are returned.

Thanks 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
SimonV2
Frequent Visitor

@abm 

This is what i get when i expand 'get group members' in the run history (i get the details for each member of the group)

Capture.JPG

I cannot expand the 'apply each 2' as the first one is still running...

This is how the flow was built : right after the 'get group members' step i added the step 'condition' and as i filled the condition with 'excel adress mail' it automatically added the first 'apply to each' > 'value' and as i filled 'group members' it automatically addes the second 'apply to each' > group members

Capture 1.JPG

I don't know if i'm clear with my explanations... sorry!

but thx !

@SimonV2 the reason you'll be getting the 256 in the apply to each is that that is the number of records the List all rows present in a table brings back unless you change the threshold in the settings of the action.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,126)