I am trying to update a cell in in an excel file but my flow keeps returning 404 error unable to find the the row with ID....
Here is the flow:
SubString FYI: substring(body('Get_file_metadata')?['Name'],0,11)
I have also tried just using the folder name as the Key Value, but still no luck.
It keeps falling over at 'Update a row', here is the output:
As you can see it's there in A:5...
Thanks in advance.
Hi @jkilby ,
Have you tried using Get a row action for similar tests?
Perhaps this is caused by extra spaces between characters.
Please do more tests.
Hey @v-bacao-msft, I have the same issue, the difference is that we're getting our value, an email address, from the 'Get user profile (v2)' step. We can confirm that we're getting the value because we can see it in the error message for the 'Delete a row' step.
UPDATE: We've even tried another Excel step 'List rows present in a table', and that queries the Excel table just fine.
What makes this a terrible bug is that is not consistent. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. \
Is there a roadmap to fix this bug? I'm wondering since this was first reported last January, so it looks like Microsoft isn't planning on fixing it.
@v-bacao-msft, do you have an update?
We're running into the same exact issue and no special characters are in the columns that we've tried. Unfortunately, the only workaround for us was to create a new row and delete the previous one.
I also want to update this issue. It's not just UpdateARow that fails. Anything that's related to specific row, like DeleteARow and GetARow, will also fail. It works intermittently, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It makes the Power Apps platform unusable, and it makes us hesitant to develop anything on top of it.
For the record, we're on the GCC version.
Same issue here! Issue is very inconsistent, it might works in updating 50 rows and failed for the next 10 rows. Hope MS can get this fixed soon otherwise is really hard to start building stuff using Power Automate.
Hi, I noticed that the row update does not work when the table is created based on whole column (when you select two columns and create table from it), but it works when you select also rows (so that the table is not indefinate at the end). May be it will help you.
This worked for me!
"Get a row" → "Update a row"
I see this as the same issue I've run into coding with C# -- sometimes, even if there's a data check in your script, you have to perform a data check before the script runs.
Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!
Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!
Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!
Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!