cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
New Member

Update a row: "No row was found with Id

Hi 

 

I am trying to update a cell in in an excel file but my flow keeps returning 404 error unable to find the the row with ID....

 

Here is the flow:

image.png

 

SubString FYI:  substring(body('Get_file_metadata')?['Name'],0,11)

 

I have also tried just using the folder name as the Key Value, but still no luck.

 

It keeps falling over at 'Update a row', here is the output:

 

image.png

No row was found with Id '_SCC 200004'.
clientRequestId: af5eb03d-6285-4be8-82d0-0f69a7f14834
serviceRequestId: 5579c7c1-daa1-4dde-a477-354fc57eadd8;79c534e5-3ed3-4d03-a1ca-5714a8850a5f
 
 
Here is the excel file:
image.png
 

As you can see it's there in A:5...

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
New Member

Re: Update a row: "No row was found with Id

I even tried putting '_SCC 200004' as a force key value, but got the same error.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update a row: "No row was found with Id

 

Hi @jkilby ,

 

Have you tried using Get a row action for similar tests?

Perhaps this is caused by extra spaces between characters.

Please do more tests.

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
New Member

Re: Update a row: "No row was found with Id

Yeah i tried that and same issue. I also tried no spaces and no special characters and it still can't find the row.

Highlighted
New Member

Re: Update a row: "No row was found with Id

I have exactly the same issue and don't understand why. Have you fixed it and understood why? Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Update a row: "No row was found with Id

Hey @v-bacao-msft, I have the same issue, the difference is that we're getting our value, an email address, from the 'Get user profile (v2)' step. We can confirm that we're getting the value because we can see it in the error message for the 'Delete a row' step.

 

UPDATE: We've even tried another Excel step 'List rows present in a table', and that queries the Excel table just fine. 

 

What makes this a terrible bug is that is not consistent. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. \

 

Is there a roadmap to fix this bug? I'm wondering since this was first reported last January, so it looks like Microsoft isn't planning on fixing it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,936)