Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Update a row: "No row was found with Id



I am trying to update a cell in in an excel file but my flow keeps returning 404 error unable to find the the row with ID....


Here is the flow:



SubString FYI:  substring(body('Get_file_metadata')?['Name'],0,11)


I have also tried just using the folder name as the Key Value, but still no luck.


It keeps falling over at 'Update a row', here is the output:



No row was found with Id '_SCC 200004'.
clientRequestId: af5eb03d-6285-4be8-82d0-0f69a7f14834
serviceRequestId: 5579c7c1-daa1-4dde-a477-354fc57eadd8;79c534e5-3ed3-4d03-a1ca-5714a8850a5f
Here is the excel file:

As you can see it's there in A:5...


Any ideas?


Thanks in advance.

New Member

I even tried putting '_SCC 200004' as a force key value, but got the same error.

Community Support
Community Support


Hi @jkilby ,


Have you tried using Get a row action for similar tests?

Perhaps this is caused by extra spaces between characters.

Please do more tests.


Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yeah i tried that and same issue. I also tried no spaces and no special characters and it still can't find the row.

I have exactly the same issue and don't understand why. Have you fixed it and understood why? Thanks

Hey @v-bacao-msft, I have the same issue, the difference is that we're getting our value, an email address, from the 'Get user profile (v2)' step. We can confirm that we're getting the value because we can see it in the error message for the 'Delete a row' step.


UPDATE: We've even tried another Excel step 'List rows present in a table', and that queries the Excel table just fine. 


What makes this a terrible bug is that is not consistent. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. \


Is there a roadmap to fix this bug? I'm wondering since this was first reported last January, so it looks like Microsoft isn't planning on fixing it.

Advocate II
Advocate II

@v-bacao-msft, do you have an update?


We're running into the same exact issue and no special characters are in the columns that we've tried.  Unfortunately, the only workaround for us was to create a new row and delete the previous one.   

I also want to update this issue. It's not just UpdateARow that fails. Anything that's related to specific row, like DeleteARow and GetARow, will also fail. It works intermittently, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It makes the Power Apps platform unusable, and it makes us hesitant to develop anything on top of it.


For the record, we're on the GCC version.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here! Issue is very inconsistent, it might works in updating 50 rows and failed for the next 10 rows. Hope MS can get this fixed soon otherwise is really hard to start building stuff using Power Automate.



New Member

Hi, I noticed that the row update does not work when the table is created based on whole column (when you select two columns and create table from it), but it works when you select also rows (so that the table is not indefinate at the end). May be it will help you.

This worked for me!


"Get a row" → "Update a row"


I see this as the same issue I've run into coding with C# -- sometimes, even if there's a data check in your script, you have to perform a data check before the script runs.

Same Here,

when I get all row for the file it says that 6002 row exists, if I update 6001 it says that does not exist.


The funny thing is that works on another site (same content).


I'm fed up with power automate already.






Helpful resources

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group


Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (45,075)