cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Update an Excel with new data from my sFTP-Server

Hi Community!

I need some advice about the flow i want to build.

We receive data on a sFTP-Server from several customers into the folder /INCOMING, every customer has it´s own entry to the server, so we have several /INCOMING folders. I already build a flow, that sends me an E-Mail when data was placed into the folder. 

Now I want to build an Excel sheet, which will be automatically updated every day at 11:00AM, which customer has send us their data (YES/NO).

Nils259_0-1600259705190.png

We have about 15 customers, which I will add with their number to my table. They should delivery their data on a daily basis, so I can monitor with this table if someone forgot to deliver. 

How can i build a flow around this? As I have the part where I refer to the information from the sFTP-Server, I need to get the information to Excel and the update in the table...

Look forward to any advice, I hope i could explain it well enough 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Nils259 

I hope this can help you, I have some ideas that mat help you to implement this flow.

First on the flow that send you an email when someone placed data on the folder. you can check with a switch different update on your excel, putting a condition of the sender of the email.

May this article can help you:

https://d365demystified.com/2020/04/29/switch-case-in-a-flow-power-automate/

Then on your daily flow of  11:00AM, you can create a Reset the excel, with all the values "No" as default. before do this, you can send an email with the information of the last day.

I hope this make sense for your business requirements.

Best regards, Pablo.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,567)