cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wisziano
Frequent Visitor

Update another Sharepoint list Item using the person Column as item id to update

I would like to updates another Sharepoint list Item using the person Column both list have the person/Group Column 

Wisziano_0-1656323323788.png

The error :

ActionConditionFailed. The execution of template action 'Condition' is skipped: the 'runAfter' condition for action 'Get_item' is not satisfied. Expected status values 'Succeeded' and actual value 'Failed'.

Wisziano_1-1656324792073.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Wisziano,

Do you want to update list2 based on item in list1?

You want to check if there is an existing item in list2 once an item is modified/created in list1, if so, update the item in list2, otherwise, create the item based on the new created/modified item in list1, right?

If the above assumption is correct, here is a simple demo, please check for details:

vqiaqimsft_0-1656492709363.pngvqiaqimsft_1-1656492812976.png

item()?['Employee/Email']
length(body('Filter_array'))

vqiaqimsft_2-1656493059732.png

items()['Apply_to_each']?['ID']

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

Works perfectly

Wisziano_0-1656621131320.png

All my lists are now pushing the data on my master list as it should

Thank you 😉

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarconettiMarco
Super User
Super User

Hi @Wisziano,

the error is in the "Get Item" action. Which value have you added in order to get the SP Item? Please share the image.

BR,

Marco

I made several changes

The condition part seems to be solved if yes it creates ,but i still have the issue with the no part for the update item 

Wisziano_0-1656408579541.png

the compose returns empty ,

when the item in list 1 is modified if it already exists, it should update the item in list 2 how can I refer the item to be updated using the result from the condition?

Wisziano_1-1656409660578.png

Hi @Wisziano,

Do you want to update list2 based on item in list1?

You want to check if there is an existing item in list2 once an item is modified/created in list1, if so, update the item in list2, otherwise, create the item based on the new created/modified item in list1, right?

If the above assumption is correct, here is a simple demo, please check for details:

vqiaqimsft_0-1656492709363.pngvqiaqimsft_1-1656492812976.png

item()?['Employee/Email']
length(body('Filter_array'))

vqiaqimsft_2-1656493059732.png

items()['Apply_to_each']?['ID']

Best Regards,
Qi

Works perfectly

Wisziano_0-1656621131320.png

All my lists are now pushing the data on my master list as it should

Thank you 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,973)