Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Update calendar event attendees without sending update email to all attendees

I have a flow that triggers when they complete a form then:

- adds their responses to a SharePoint list

- adds them to 2 groups

- sends them an email

- adds them as an optional attendee to a recurring outlook calendar event

I am having a problem where every time someone is added as an attendee an event update gets sent to everyone, not just the new attendee.

I am using the Update Events (V4).

Is there any way to resolve this issue?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update calendar event attendees without sending update email to all attendees

Hi @PhantomJoe,

You could get this task detail after you update the task. Then put the user id into the Get user action of Azure AD connector, put the Dynamic content into the email field to send the attendee a notification email.Annotation 2019-10-24 130749.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Update calendar event attendees without sending update email to all attendees

I also have the same problem with Update Calendar Events.

I am unsure how this invites a new user to the event without sending out repeat invents to currently subscribed users. 

Thanks,

James

Highlighted

I was facing this same problem.  Since there is no proper solution, my workaround was to instead forward the invite to the event by doing the following:

1)  Schedule the event manually and invite only myself

2)  Create a utility flow to search and find the email message ID of the email that triggered when i scheduled the calendar event in step 1

3)  In my actual flow, used the 'forward an email (V2)' and used the message ID of the email that i captured in step 2

There are some downsides, notably:

1)  The event is received by the recipient as a forwarded invite rather than a proper invitee.  This was acceptable for my use case, however

2)  If the event is updated manually, you will need to start the process over.  This is because the original forwarded invite will be out of date, but will continue to be the one forwarded to new recipients unless a new email is generated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,333)