cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update contact owner

I'm trying to update owner in a Dynamics Contact record (using CDS in the flow).  I want to put a string variable into the Owner field.  This works in another of my flows... but perhaps it's not working here because the owner is changing from a user to a team.  (Could that be the problem??)

I've formatting the string as such:

Annotation 2020-06-16 133848.jpg

We can see in this same window that there's no "owner type" field - so that can't be updated if it is the problem.

Ideas??  How can I update this record, to switch the owner from a user to a team?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sss
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Draushaus,

It will depend on what's the type of your owner. You can double-confirm it in your Customization in CDS. If you owener's type is Owner which means you have to give an OwenID as an input. You cannot give a string into this field via Power AutomateOwnertype.png

How  to solve it

Get userid/Team from the source data first, for example

Get TeamID.png

Input TEAM ID into the Owner field

Ownerid.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sss
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Draushaus,

It will depend on what's the type of your owner. You can double-confirm it in your Customization in CDS. If you owener's type is Owner which means you have to give an OwenID as an input. You cannot give a string into this field via Power AutomateOwnertype.png

How  to solve it

Get userid/Team from the source data first, for example

Get TeamID.png

Input TEAM ID into the Owner field

Ownerid.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,499)