cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update contact owner

I'm trying to update owner in a Dynamics Contact record (using CDS in the flow).  I want to put a string variable into the Owner field.  This works in another of my flows... but perhaps it's not working here because the owner is changing from a user to a team.  (Could that be the problem??)

I've formatting the string as such:

Annotation 2020-06-16 133848.jpg

We can see in this same window that there's no "owner type" field - so that can't be updated if it is the problem.

Ideas??  How can I update this record, to switch the owner from a user to a team?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Update contact owner

Hi Draushaus,

It will depend on what's the type of your owner. You can double-confirm it in your Customization in CDS. If you owener's type is Owner which means you have to give an OwenID as an input. You cannot give a string into this field via Power AutomateOwnertype.png

How  to solve it

Get userid/Team from the source data first, for example

Get TeamID.png

Input TEAM ID into the Owner field

Ownerid.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Update contact owner

Hi Draushaus,

It will depend on what's the type of your owner. You can double-confirm it in your Customization in CDS. If you owener's type is Owner which means you have to give an OwenID as an input. You cannot give a string into this field via Power AutomateOwnertype.png

How  to solve it

Get userid/Team from the source data first, for example

Get TeamID.png

Input TEAM ID into the Owner field

Ownerid.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,773)