cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevor
Frequent Visitor

Update event in SharePoint Calendar

Hello everyone, I have successfully produced a flow which creates events in a Sharepoint calendar (User completes a Microsoft form which creates entries in a Sharepoint list, which in turn creates entries in a SharePoint calendar).

I would like to either create a seperate flow or alter my existing flow to enable automatic deletion of cancelled events (I envisaged using a form completed by the user for this) and to amend changed events (again instigated by the user through a form).

My Sharepoint list has an ID column which I have tried unsuccessfully to use to recall and amend events (I know the Sharepoint list is not neccesary but I wish to collect this info to manipulate at a later date). I suspect I may be using the wrong ID, but despite spending quite some time trying today and looking at possible solutions I have continually failed!

Can some one please point me in the right direction? 

Thanks, Kev.

4 REPLIES 4
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

"My Sharepoint list has an ID column which I have tried unsuccessfully to use to recall and amend events"

I assume you have implemented a recurrence trigger, a Sharepoint 'get tems' action block, then you filter those that are cancelled either via ODATA filter inside 'Get items' or via 'Filter array' action block. I also assume then you added an 'Apply to each' to iterate all thorugh the cancelled events... inside the 'Apply to each' you need the current iteration item ID to delete current event.

Is my assumption right? If so, the following expression should do the magic:

item()?['ID']

THere is also another approach that is to trigger when an item is created or modified, then evaluate if it is cancelled, if so delete item. Details how to proceed here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Delete-Event-for-an-existing-calendar-inv...

Anyway, if you share a screenshot from your current flow design, we will suggest how to fix it

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Kevor
Frequent Visitor

I tried various things but got nowhere so deleted my efforts, can you tell me more about a recurrence trigger?

Hi!
More info on recurrence trigger
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/run-scheduled-tasks

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Kevor
Frequent Visitor

Hello again everyone and thank you again for your help to date,

So far I have tried various things really only succeeded in making myself more frustrated, in the end I started again just trying to update my SharePoint list but got to the point where I didn't know if I was coming or going, or maybe even where I was!!

This is what I had at the point of giving up....

@efialttes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,557)