cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YanVeras
Frequent Visitor

Update excel row too slow

Hello,

I have an excel file where is recorded the list of material of each project. Essentially, I have build in our design plataform an script to export the material data that fits our standard in a .csv file, then I use a Flow to copy a excel file, as a template, and fill it to generate a cost report for our designers.

Well, this is working fine. Now, I want to populate the report data in my database, to have material and cost consolidate control. However, the designers can export more than one version of the material list and I need to know the last version. My plan wast to use a an update row to change a status column to inactive all the previous entry and the fill with the new data.

But the flow that a I built, based mainly in this topic is extremely slow, even running out of execution time.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/How-to-update-multiple-rows-using-update-a-row-excel...

This is my Flow, I user filter array to identify de entrys and a row number as key value to update it.

Captura de tela 2020-11-18 150350.png

Captura de tela 2020-11-18 150439.png

  

I would apreciate any help

this is my data

YanVeras_0-1605723462981.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @YanVeras 

Instead of getting all the excel rows and do the filtering in Power Automate, you could filter the data in Excel itself using OData filter query expressions.

In your case, you could do something like this:

filterquery.png

In your case the expression should be ID eq 37010

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @YanVeras 

Instead of getting all the excel rows and do the filtering in Power Automate, you could filter the data in Excel itself using OData filter query expressions.

In your case, you could do something like this:

filterquery.png

In your case the expression should be ID eq 37010

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
YanVeras
Frequent Visitor

YanVeras_0-1605806179406.png

Looks likes I was feeding the recursive control with the wront output. Now its working fine !!

@fchopo, I am gonna try yout idea. It will probably run faster than mine.

Tested,

Works fine, faster then use filter array

Thank you!

takolota
Super User
Super User

For anyone who wants something over 100x faster and more efficient at updating Excel rows, check out the new Batch Update Excel template:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Batch-Update-Excel/td-p/1624706

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,222)