cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcusD1
Frequent Visitor

Update (existing) event OR Create (new) event in shared calendar

I'm trying to build a Flow that creates an event to a shared calendar [based on key words in the event name], OR if the event already exists, updates it on the shared calendar when I update the original on my calendar. Creating an event in a shared calendar is easy enough... but if I modify the original event on my calendar... it doesn't update the clone, but rather just creates a new clone event.

I tried this flow below... but it ended up updating EVERYTHING that currently existed on both my calendar and the cloned calendar. [I had to scramble to stop the flow in process]. I'm thinking the solution exists in the Conditional assessment (highlighted) - but I'm not sure how to structure it, e.g.

- check to see if the event (that was just created or updated on the original calendar) exists on the shared calendar (i.e. the clone event)

- if so, update the clone event

- if not, create a new clone event

Does this seem like a reasonable approach? Is there a better way to do this?

MarcusD1_0-1634855471884.png

2 REPLIES 2
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@MarcusD1  Please use compose and pass both calendar ID. See if ID's are same or different.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

MarcusD1
Frequent Visitor

I'm not familiar enough yet with how Compose works to intuitively know how to implement your solution. I'll study up on the function and then give it a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,591)