Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SylvieLet17
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Update file Properties on output of ODATA filter query

Hi all,

What exactly can I do with the Output of a Get Files (properties only) action?

I'd like to update the metadata on the files that this action retrieves but I have no idea where to begin.

Of course the output of that action is an Object and I'm new to dealing with Objects. 

I tried messing with Variables to get the ID and Path of the document so that I could then use an "Update file properties" action, but I can't use any string functions to get those values on the Object output. I know it sounds like a messy way to do it, but I am lost. 

Here's the sequence of my flow:

When a document is copied to Library A

start an approval

if Approval Response == yes

get files (properties only) in Library B with filter: Title eq 'value'

update those files to: Status = Published and Publishing Date = UTCNow

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SylvieLet17,

Do you want to update file properties of files that filtered by Odata filter query?

I have made the following test, please take it for a reference.

It is triggered by When a file is created in a folder.

Start an approval, if the Response is equal to Approve, Get files from Library2, the filter query is configured as:

Title eq ‘BugList’

Then Update file properties, Status to Published, and Publishing date to Utcnow.

Image for your reference.

1.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SylvieLet17,

Do you want to update file properties of files that filtered by Odata filter query?

I have made the following test, please take it for a reference.

It is triggered by When a file is created in a folder.

Start an approval, if the Response is equal to Approve, Get files from Library2, the filter query is configured as:

Title eq ‘BugList’

Then Update file properties, Status to Published, and Publishing date to Utcnow.

Image for your reference.

1.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Mabel, 

I was just getting an error message when I built the flow, but it still runs fine regardless. Not sure what was up!

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (5,349)