Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MichaelHui
Level: Powered On

Update file on SharePoint with DocuSign status

I'm trying to figure out how to create the following situation:

1) Document stored on SharePoint

2) Document sent for signature through DocuSign

3) Document's status field/column is updated as envelope status changes (eg from created, to signed, to completed).

My problem is that the DocuSign trigger doesn't seem to return any information that would be helpful in locating the document (or documents if there is more than one in the envelope) in SharePoint.  There is, as far as I can tell, no way to even extract the name of the documents in the envelope.

I thought maybe the Get Envelope Documents action would be of use, but all it does is generate a dynamic field "File Contents" that I have no idea what to do with (can I extract the name out of there somehow?)

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelHui

Re: Update file on SharePoint with DocuSign status

Hi BenAdam,

No.  Doesn't appear to exist outside of building a custom solution using DocuSign's API (whcih seems contrary to the point of this).  Posted a suggestion in the Flow Ideas forum, but no traction.  Gave up on it frankly.

Suggestion on idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Return-document-names-from-DocuSign-envelope/idi-p/11...

Sorry couldn't be of any more help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ MichaelHui,

Could you please share more details about what you want to get fron the output of the DocuSign trigger?

Could you please explain more about the operation that you would like to flow to do?

Do you want to update the status column of your sharepoint library when the status of envelope is changed?

Do you want to check for the documents in your sharepoint library with the documents status changed in envelope?

I have made a test on my side, as you said, DocuSign trigger doesn't seem to return any information that would be helpful in locating the document in SharePoint,so there is no way to extract the name of the documents in the envelope currently.

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

MichaelHui

The basic idea is to have a document start in SharePoint, be signed in DocuSign (via the existing DocuSign -> SharePoint connector), and then have the signed documebt be stored in SharePoint.  So basically yes to your question about if we want the status column of our document in the SharePoint library to be updated when the status of the envelope is changed.

In an ideal world, this is what I'd like to figure out how to create the following:

1. Document is added to SharePoint by a contract administrator
  2. Document is then sent for signature through DocuSign.
  3. Document on SharePoint has its "Status" column updated to reflect that it has been sent out for signature to the recipient
  4. Document is signed by the recipient in DocuSign
  5. Document on SharePoint is automatically updated to show the document has been signed by that recipient and is now with another recipient for counter signature.
  6. Document is countersigned in DocuSign.
  7. Document on SharePoint is updated to reflect that the document has been countersigned and the signing process is now complete.
  8. Document is returned to SharePoint (via DocuSign connector) and the properties/column information stored on the original document is copied over to the signed document.

Step 8 I can do (and have done) with Flow already.  However, everything above that I can't figure out a way as there doesn't seem to be any way to extract information from the DocuSign Flow connector to cross-reference with the document in SharePoint online.

Based on your response it sounds like that is just not possible from the currenct Flow connector?  Given that the Flow connector can return the File Contents of the envelope, I was hopign that there was some way to extract the name from that file content that I was just missing.  I guess I'll just repost to Flow Ideas Forum.  Thanks!

BenAdam90
Level: Power Up

Hi MichaelHui,

Did you ever get a solution for this as this is exactly what I am aiming to achieve.

MichaelHui

Hi BenAdam,

No.  Doesn't appear to exist outside of building a custom solution using DocuSign's API (whcih seems contrary to the point of this).  Posted a suggestion in the Flow Ideas forum, but no traction.  Gave up on it frankly.

Suggestion on idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Return-document-names-from-DocuSign-envelope/idi-p/11...

Sorry couldn't be of any more help!

View solution in original post

Also looking for the same solution to this and having the same issues - 2 steps forward 3 back it seems... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 326 members 6,112 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: