cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devinm501
Helper II
Helper II

Update file properties based on PowerApps entry. Error: OpenApiOperationParameterTypeConversionFailed

Hi,

I am currently building a powerapp to send documents to a library in sharepoint. I am using a flow to do this and have no issues uploading the document, however when i want to update the properties with info provided by the powerapp i'm having some conversion issues. 

Some of the combo boxes in the app are populated by Look up lists in sharepoint and i think this is where im going wrong. 

Devinm501_0-1626426394711.png

Above is the screenshot of the error i am receiving. In the column I am trying to populate I have the following: 
items('Apply_to_each')?['AssetFamily']

I have used the same for each of the different columns that match combo boxes/ text boxes within the app.

In the below image you can see in the app i am assigning to the name "AssetFamily" in my collection:

Devinm501_1-1626426769811.png

Any help on this would be appreciated, the list of options within the combo box is coming from a look up list within sharepoint so im not sure if this is the issue?

Thank you in advance, please let me know if you require further information or explanation.

Devin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrew22
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Devinm501 ,

Good Day !!

Is the values for the Update Properties, is being passed from PowerApps ?

If yes, then you might need to check the data type of the parameter which is being passed, as the error cleary says, the input parameter is expecting a Data Type as "Int" , but it is being passed as "String".

Kindly ensure the input params which is being passed is of correct data type

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew22
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Devinm501 ,

Good Day !!

Is the values for the Update Properties, is being passed from PowerApps ?

If yes, then you might need to check the data type of the parameter which is being passed, as the error cleary says, the input parameter is expecting a Data Type as "Int" , but it is being passed as "String".

Kindly ensure the input params which is being passed is of correct data type

View solution in original post

Hi @Andrew22 ,

Thank you for your response, actually now that you've mentioned the data type I believe you're right. The column will be expecting the ID of the text within the lookup list, whilst I'm trying to patch the actual item itself so therefore a string.

I'm going to look into sending the ID whilst updating properties instead to see if I have any luck. 

Thank you!

Devin

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,799)