cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRobesyn
Regular Visitor

Update file property when a file is moved to another folder in same Library

I have a library where i have 4 folders: 

For this library I'm developing a SharePoint framework listview extension commandset so that I have extra buttons in the commandbar ribbon.

ScreenDocLib.PNG

When i click on one of the buttons al selected items in a folder move to another folder in the same library (folder 3 => 4)

Now I want to make a simple flow that updates a choice field property of each file that is moved to the perticular folder. 

The problem that I have is that I can't seem to find a trigger that detects if a file is moved. I tried the when a file is created in a folder and the when a file is created trigger but these both won't do the trick.

Does someone now how i can detect if a file is moved to a specific folder in flow? 

Many thanks!

Jason Robesyn

1 REPLY 1
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JRobesyn,

I have made a test on my side and as you said, the moved file wouldn't trigger a flow with trigger "When a file is created" or "When a file is created or modified".

So I afraid that your requirement couldn't be achieved if you move the file from one folder to another.

As an alternative way, you could take a try to create a new file to the new folder, update the file properties and then delete the original file.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,351)