cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derk
Level: Powered On

Update individual excel spreadsheets from SharePoint List items based on column value of user

I have a SharePoint list and flow setup to currently add a row to an excel spreadsheet in SharePoint. I would like to break this out to individual excel spreadsheets based on the employee's name. I have a column for Employee name. Would it be possible to setup the flow to add data to each spreadsheet based on the user's name?

Thanks,

Derek

4 REPLIES 4
derk

Re: Update individual excel spreadsheets from SharePoint List items based on column value of user

I suppose I could create  a condition for each employee's name but that would be way too many if statements. Any other possible ways?

derk

Re: Update individual excel spreadsheets from SharePoint List items based on column value of user

Would it be possble to store the user's display name in a variable  add under the file section of add a row into a table  step in flow?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @derk,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you provide more details about spreadsheets and SharePoint list?

Do you mean that there is a lot of sheets in an Excel file, or are there many Excel files?

In addition, I want to know how you can identify which Employee name items are inserted into the corresponding excel spreadsheets.

Please provide more details and we would provide proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
derk

@v-bacao-msft Hi Berry,

Here is a screenshot of my flow
flow.png

I have a SharePoint list that a user fills out a vacation request with an approval process. Once approved I have some of the columns added to a row in an excel spreadsheet.  I would to set it up some each user has their own spreadsheet and the flow would add the information from the list into the user's spreadsheet such as From Date, To Date, Reason, etc..

I have a people picker field which is requestor field so this is how I am identifying the employee.

I thought maybe I could use a variable for the  employee's name and then put the variable into the file section of the add a row into a table.

>