cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Update item from comment in email notification

Hi,

I have configured an approval flow where comment collected by email notification is used to update an item in a sharepoint list. But I have a weird problem, sometimes the comment isn't added in sharepoint list... I am not finding what's wrong and what can cause that sometimes the update file.

I attached a print of flow... no errors.

flow.JPG

Thanks for your help,

Andre

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Bikebrother  please try adding a delay action after inform item creator action mail. The delay coud be 5s.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi Christian,

I tried your suggestion but flow is "cancelled" when reach delay action... 🤔, between "inform item" and "update item" actions.

Thanks!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bikebrother ,

Could you provide the full screenshot of the flow configuration?

It seems that you are using the flow template to create the flow.

I did a test on my side and found that we can only get Response Comments.

152.PNG

Maybe approver did not add comments when approving, so this field value is empty.

If your flow is created based on the Flow template, maybe you can create a similar Flow from the blank according to the existing configuration for testing.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Yes, this flow was created from a template.

Below you can see my flow. As suggested I added "delay action", but with this action doesn't work. Without delay action, sometimes the "comment" is added in sharepoint list, sometime no, but I can't find errors when I test the flow.

Flow1.JPG

Flow2.JPG

Many thanks!

Hi @Bikebrother ,

Please ensure that the approver has added comments when completing the approval request.

You could check if the body of the approval action contains comments.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-bacao-msft,

I am sure that comment is added. I am testing myself.

If I put a delay action, in this case the comment is never added.

Thanks,

Bikebrother

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,468)