cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Update item in child list, getting error "Fix invalid expression for the input parameter of operations "Get_items'

Hello,

Here are screen shots of my flow, can you tell me how to fix the error? The flow is to create a new item in the child list if it doesn't exist and update item if it does exist.

Capture-1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture-3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update item in child list, getting error "Fix invalid expression for the input parameter of operations "Get_items'

Hi @trishmalloy ,

Please paste the following expression in Filter Query:

Title eq '@{triggerOutputs()?['body/Title']}'

Best Regards, 

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Update item in child list, getting error "Fix invalid expression for the input parameter of operations "Get_items'

Hello @trishmalloy 

You have to fix the Filter Query field in your Get items action. See my example

Flow.Filter query.With dynamic content.jpg

It looks like you accidentally wrote the expression for the trigger title as a text instead of an expression. Anyway, you should be able to choose it under the Dynamic content list.

Hope this helps you on the way.

Kind regards, John

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @trishmalloy ,

Please paste the following expression in Filter Query:

Title eq '@{triggerOutputs()?['body/Title']}'

Best Regards, 

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

This fixed the error, but the flow still isn't updating existing items. I can post another request for help. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,531)