cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlesk
Frequent Visitor

Update list item value yes/no to Yes

Hi,

In short, I'm trying to create a flow where when an item in one list is updated with a Yes (yes/no column), it then updates an item in a 2nd list also with a yes.

After much trial and error, I think I've gotten to the stage of updating the item, however, I'm now getting an error at the update item stage saying "invalid text value".  I don't know if it's trying to input "True" instead of simply switching NO to Yes.

If you see any other errors, or ways to improve, I'd love to learn.

Step 1 - I needed to use a boolean to return "True" instead of test true on the first condition of the modified item. Is there a better way?

1stCondition.JPG

Then finding a corresponding match in the 2nd list using a unique value "ABN"

Findmatchingcondition.JPG

Then finally updating the item in the 2nd list, only the finished field to "Yes" using the dropdown.

LastStep.JPG

So used the dropdown to select YES as the column to update.  Also wasn't sure if ID should be the ID or CURRENT ITEM?
Any help would be great!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Charlesk ,

You could use Filter Query to filter items instead of using Condition to filter items.

https://sharepains.com/2018/11/12/sharepoint-get-items-odata-filter-query/

121.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Charlesk ,

It seems that the cause of the error is that you are filling Current item in the ClicentName field.

The output of Current item is a JSON object which contains all properties of the current item.

Please try to fill the correct dynamic content in this field.

Besides, we could fill true in condition or fill true in Expression editor to check the value of Yes/No field. Like:

118.PNG119.PNG

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-bacao-msft ,

that fixed it, also thanks for the heads up on the true expression.

Also, is the "apply to each" function appropriate where I have it, is there a neater way?  I'm finding it's checking every item and giving a pass or fail.  Which is fine, we're only every going to have 150 odd items.  But thought there might be a neater way.

Thanks,

Hi @Charlesk ,

You could use Filter Query to filter items instead of using Condition to filter items.

https://sharepains.com/2018/11/12/sharepoint-get-items-odata-filter-query/

121.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,099)