cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update lookup column in library form list item

Hi all,

I made a PowerApps form with cascading so people can easly choose the correct value. Now i have a made a flow to update my file properties. I can easly update all the text/number/choice/date columns except the Lookup columns. I flow i can only select the Lookup column ID instead of the value. 

Now i have made two variables but i cant use the variables inside the Lookup column. I can use the variable for all the text columns. How can i solve this problem?

Update lookup column.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration and the run history of the flow?

The relationship of Id and Value in lookup column is designed as below:

ID 0, Value 1,

ID 1, Value 2,

ID 2, Value 3,

ID 3, Value 4,

ID 4, Value 5.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When i use the compose function i got the same error, i cant update value in the Lookup column because of the ID.
""message": "Error converting value \"\" to type 'System.Int64'. Path 'Id', line 2, position 42."

Compose value.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

After some more testing, i see the errors. When i select the dynamic lookup column id i see that it dont match.

The input if for example, ID 5, Value 5

The output is then ID 4, Value 4

Every output is ID-1 so that why i see after every flow the wrong output. Now it's time fix this problem.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration and the run history of the flow?

The relationship of Id and Value in lookup column is designed as below:

ID 0, Value 1,

ID 1, Value 2,

ID 2, Value 3,

ID 3, Value 4,

ID 4, Value 5.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

After i delete the columns with the lookup field and recreate the columns the flows run perfectly. I made a nice PowerApps forms with some nice features. After this process flow will update my documentset. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,407)