Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyWork
Power Participant
Power Participant

Update modified by in sharepoint without adding a version to file

Hi

Im trying to updated the modified by field in a sharepoint list using a send an Http request.

This works fine but the last part is where i dont want this to add a new version to the file.

My flow publishes a major version and then i set the modified by user. This results in me getting a version history where it says published major version 2.0 (By System account) and a published major version 2.1 (By user)

Im using this solution: http://johnliu.net/blog/2019/2/flowninja-hack-78-modifying-modified-by-and-modified-time-with-micros...

But the  bNewDocumentUpdate:true dont seem to work.

Anyone know if bNewDocumentUpdate:true stoped working? Or maybe have another solution.

2019-10-28 19_40_15-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

4 REPLIES 4
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Hi @JimmyWork, I can't answer the question but in the uri field your ID should have apostrophes ('ID') round it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

@RobElliott Thanks 🙂 it works without also 😉

But i need to come around updating the item without updating the version history, im just updateing the modified by field.

This is how the version history looks like. And i dont want the extra .1

2019-10-28 21_25_32-Systems Department - Workspaces Test - All Documents.png

Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

not sure if it works if you modify the editor or author properites, can you try just updating something else instead to see if it reacts the same way?

JimmyWork
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Gristy It should work according to the web link.

They are updating time and date and editor.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,142)