cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update multiple rows in Excel for an Approval Process

I have built a flow that is an approval for hires if they are over budget. This seems to work pretty well, except i have ran into the issue that when there are multiple approvals, if one of the people in the chain is slow to approve then the approval will duplicate and be sent to the person who has already approved/rejected it when the scheduled recurrence kicks off again (runs every 30 minutes). To "fix" this I added a column in my excel sheet (where this data is all coming from) and added an "Update Row" flow in this, so that once the flow runs, it puts "In progress" in that column, which there is an IF statement in the Excel column that acts as filter to determine if the person is over budget and in progress or not.

The Update Row works, but it only updates the first row that meets the criteria, it doesn't update multiple. I cant find an "Update Rows" flow or something, so i didn't know if there was another way i can update multiple excel rows at once.

Update row.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Anonymous 

Very cool use-case, thanks for sharing!  A couple of questions:

• Can you show the update row step and the approvals step?
  • Why the recurrence trigger rather than when a new row is added to the table?  (just gathering information)
  • Is the intent to wait for all parties to approve?  Or first person on the list closes the deal?

Keep us posted.

Thanks!

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Flow doesn’t have an action Update rows. If you want to update multiple rows at a time, please try to turn on Concurrency Control of Apply to each. Please go to Settings> Concurrency Control, turn it on and set the degree of parallelism.

Besides, your flow is triggered by Recurrence, it will be triggered every 30 minutes. So even though the previous approval request has not been approved, the next run will be kicked off again.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel          

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,065)