cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Update relationship between two Dynamics records using Flow

How can I create/update the relationship between two records using Flow?

I am trying to build a Flow centered around three custom Dynamics 365 entities to model a non-traditional CRM (which is why I am not using the default CRM entities). 

I have three entities set up: Inquiry (to represent question that get asked about my company), Person (to represent the people asking questions), and Prospect (to represent questions that will get answered through a specific process - other questions don't matter the same way). There is an N:1 relationship between Inquiry and Person - one Person could have submitted many Inquiries.

What I'm trying to do:

1. A request comes in through a web form we own, and an Inquiry is created via API
  2. Check to see if we already have a Person 
    1. If no, create a new one
  3. Create relationship between Inquiry and Person
  4. Some other stuff happens and eventually I'll do a similar thing to Prospect

I know I can create a relationship using a Business Process Flow - but I want to do some things in this workflow that will require going outside of Dynamics 365 (updating a database, writing to a file in Sharepoint, connecting to other APIs), and as far as I'm aware the Business Process Flow doesn't let you do that. The "Update a Record" action does have a field for the relationship I created between the entities, but I can't find any documentation on how the relationship is represented and how I can append to it/create a new one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update relationship between two Dynamics records using Flow

Hi @dpana,

Do you want to create a relationship between two entities using flow?

I am afraid that it is not possible to create relationship between two entities using flow currently. please submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum about this idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dpana,

Do you want to create a relationship between two entities using flow?

I am afraid that it is not possible to create relationship between two entities using flow currently. please submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum about this idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks, I will!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,949)