Hi I have this process to update a spreadsheet with a new row, whenever a status changes for an item and the row has a column containing the same list ID.
Sharepoint List ID Status
I'm trying to update the same sharepoint list to look for this id "15" and then update the status field to Implemented.
The status - I'm also using the switch where depending on the spreadsheet status, I will change the status field to something (as they are not equal).
I have done the following (as per screenshots) - wondering if someone could help advise where I went wrong as the sharepoint list does not seem to change for the status field.
I am afraid I don't fully understand the relationship between the list and Excel table.
Do they have exactly the same data? When the Excel table changes, then update the same ID item in the list?
Please provide more explanation about list and Excel table.
If you want to update the item with the same ID in the list, you could try to improve your Flow like this.
Please take a try.
Hi Barry - I've tried but it does not seem to work.
I've tried simplifying it to see if it works by removing the switch statement and just assume that if it is in the spreadsheet, it will update based on the ID. There is no error when I test it out, but it does not seem to update the particular sharepoint item for that ID?
Regarding your question about the relation - the spreadsheet actually contains the sharepoint list ID & status that we track via another system that we use. The reason is that the access to the other teams is kept only to sharepoint, while we manage the request in another 3rd party system which export out the status and ID into this spreadsheet (screenshot below) everytime there is a status change.
What we want to do with flow is to just update back the status field in the sharepoint list based for the particular ID.
OK Barry - just found out the reason why it is not updating...
For some reason the old test flow that was deleted to set the status to a default value is still running, and changing it back after it updates. So it actually updates, but was updated back immediately!
So what I did is to delete the old connector, and then re-sign in back as new connector. It seems to work now!
Thanks for your help!
Looks like a bug on Flow.
Sometimes reconfiguring the connection does solve some problems. If your problem has been solved, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!
The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!
We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications