cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
oogmsn
Level: Powered On

Update sharepoint list status field for the same ID listed in excel

Hi I have this process to update a spreadsheet with a new row, whenever a status changes for an item and the row has a column containing the same list ID.

E.g. 

Sharepoint List ID   Status

15                           completed

I'm trying to update the same sharepoint list to look for this id "15" and then update the status field to Implemented.

The status - I'm also using the switch where depending on the spreadsheet status, I will change the status field to something (as they are not equal). 

I have done the following (as per screenshots) - wondering if someone could help advise where I went wrong as the sharepoint list does not seem to change for the status field.

Screenshot_1.pngGet rows when the spreadsheet is updated w new rowScreenshot_2.pngCheck if the ID equalsScreenshot_4.pngThen a switch statement for the different status to be updatedScreenshot_3.png* Detail view of the switch statement

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update sharepoint list status field for the same ID listed in excel

Hi @oogmsn,

I am afraid I don't fully understand the relationship between the list and Excel table.

Do they have exactly the same data? When the Excel table changes, then update the same ID item in the list?

Please provide more explanation about list and Excel table.

If you want to update the item with the same ID in the list, you could try to improve your Flow like this.

1. Configure Update item action directly.
  2. Use Switch to configure it according to your previous configuration.
  3. Then configure the ID in the Excel table in the Item ID. (The premise of this configuration is that the default is that the list must have the same ID as the Excel table).

Image reference:

2.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
oogmsn

Hi Barry - I've tried but it does not seem to work. Smiley Sad

I've tried simplifying it to see if it works by removing the switch statement and just assume that if it is in the spreadsheet, it will update based on the ID. There is no error when I test it out, but it does not seem to update the particular sharepoint item for that ID?

Regarding your question about the relation - the spreadsheet actually contains the sharepoint list ID & status that we track via another system that we use. The reason is that the access to the other teams is kept only to sharepoint, while we manage the request in another 3rd party system which export out the status and ID into this spreadsheet (screenshot below) everytime there is a status change.

What we want to do with flow is to just update back the status field in the sharepoint list based for the particular ID.

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngexcel

oogmsn

OK Barry - just found out the reason why it is not updating...

For some reason the old test flow that was deleted to set the status to a default value is still running, and changing it back after it updates. So it actually updates, but was updated back immediately!

So what I did is to delete the old connector, and then re-sign in back as new connector. It seems to work now!

Thanks for your help!

Looks like a bug on Flow. Smiley Indifferent

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @oogmsn,

Sometimes reconfiguring the connection does solve some problems. If your problem has been solved, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 192 members 4,304 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: