cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Update standard list A with dates when the dates in calendar list B have been modified

I am trying to create a scheduling type app for the marketing team to manage time requests and briefs.

I have a standard Sharepoint list (List A) where the initial request is made, there are start and end date fields (which I default to specific date).  I have another list, a calendar list (List B) set up.

For the first part of my flow, when a new item in List A is created, it creates a new item in List B and appears on the date in the calendar that I have set the default dates to.  What I then want to be able to do is set the Flow up so that when I go into List B and move the item to another date,  it then updates the start and end date fields in list A with the new start and end dates from List B.  

Does aanyone know whether this is possible?  I've tried a number of things and can't seem to work this one out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnnaBrodnicki,

Please make sure the item in the List A and the corresponding item in the List B would have the same title.

And if the the item in the List A and the corresponding item in the List B have the same title, you could refer to my workaround to create your flow.

You could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnnaBrodnicki,

Please make sure the item in the List A and the corresponding item in the List B would have the same title.

And if the the item in the List A and the corresponding item in the List B have the same title, you could refer to my workaround to create your flow.

You could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

This is amazing thank you, you have helped me solve something that has been bothering me for a while now.  It worked perfectly.  

Thank you!!!

Anna

I have a very similar scenario.  And have set up a flow like this.  The main difference is the table I want the Flow to modify (Table B) is on a subsite to the table the triggers the flow (Table A).  Everything funtions, until the condtion, which never finds match so the update item is never run.  I know that Table B has a matching record. (Another flow actually created the matching record in Table B from Table A.) What I noticed in the run details is that the condition only seems to get checked for 100 "Get itemsz' when their are 149 records in the list.  I've set the view to show 200 items, I've verifyied that field type and size are the same.  Do you have any ideas as to why the condition might always be false.run_results image.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (47,185)