Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mthiru
Helper II
Helper II

Update status based on a valid "phone number" field entry

Hello community,

I would like to update the status of the flow from Submitted to In Progress, when a column/field is updated. The column field to be modified is a phone number field. By default it is text blank field.

How can I ensure the flow is updated only when the phone number field is changed from nothing to a valid phone number "999-999-9999".

In Powerapps forms, I've already included a validation that ensures the form is only submitted when the phone number field is in the correct format: 999-999-9999.

I am stuck on not knowing how to clearly specify the condition that looks at the change in the deskphone_number field.

Flow help.png

1 REPLY 1
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @mthiru  you can do someting like this.

something.PNG

So first I get the lenght of you colum response so, if the lenght in 10 in Ecuador that means a valid number, and the other condition is if the same value contains 099 so it means is a valid number.

Hope you this helps you.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,874)