Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mthiru
Helper II
Helper II

Update status based on a valid "phone number" field entry

Hello community,

I would like to update the status of the flow from Submitted to In Progress, when a column/field is updated. The column field to be modified is a phone number field. By default it is text blank field.

How can I ensure the flow is updated only when the phone number field is changed from nothing to a valid phone number "999-999-9999".

In Powerapps forms, I've already included a validation that ensures the form is only submitted when the phone number field is in the correct format: 999-999-9999.

I am stuck on not knowing how to clearly specify the condition that looks at the change in the deskphone_number field.

Flow help.png

1 REPLY 1
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @mthiru  you can do someting like this.

something.PNG

So first I get the lenght of you colum response so, if the lenght in 10 in Ecuador that means a valid number, and the other condition is if the same value contains 099 so it means is a valid number.

Hope you this helps you.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,111)