cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjeh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Update the child flow for action 'Run_a_Child_Flow' to not use 'run-only user' connections.

Hello All,

I'm trying to run a child flow from a flow to achieve impersonation. However I'm receiving the following Error after inseting the 'run a child flow' block  (child flow is complete and finished):

Update the child flow for action 'Run_a_Child_Flow' to not use 'run-only user' connections.
error.PNG
The error is formulated such that I actualy don't have a clue what it is trying to tell me (english isn't my strong suit).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gjeh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I figured out why i was receiving the error, for the child flow i had yet to define the connectors to be used by users.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
gjeh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I figured out why i was receiving the error, for the child flow i had yet to define the connectors to be used by users.

Nice idea but that didn't work for me.

If I find a another solution I'll add here.

Sympmarc
Advocate I
Advocate I

In the child flow, you need to change the 'Run only users' settings, which is currently in the bottom right of the flow dashboard.

2021-01-08_14-48-17.png

Click Edit in that section and change the Connections Used from 'Provided by run-only user' to one of the specific user connections.

2021-01-08_14-49-36.png

Marc D Anderson (@sympmarc)

Thanks @Sympmarc !

VR-Scott
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Sympmarc,
I have this same issue. I click edit for the run-only users.

Then I change the Connections Used from 'Provided by run-only user' to one of the specific user connections.

image003.jpg

 And yet I still get the error in my parent flow, am I missing something?

Same here. Not sure why.

I had to edit the flow steps and save them again for the parent flow to recognize I had changed the connections. That fixed it for me.

pageman
Frequent Visitor

This fixed it for me as well. After setting the run only users I need to edit one of the actions and save. Thanks for posting this solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Step @pauldeden mentioned should be also marked as an answer. I thought I did all necessary steps and somehow overlooked that I have to save child flow even though I do not any changes to its actions. This is counter intuitive and made me think error resolved itself while I probably saved it unknowingly fixing it.

AgniusBartninka
Advocate III
Advocate III

Only changing the run-only permissions was not enough for me, either. Had to open the child flow and save it (without making any changes) to make it work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,132)