cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bergur
Level: Powered On

Updateing total price when new item inserted.

Hello,

I have something that works pretty much as an order system. I have an order list a, and a orderline child list b.

In order list i have total price, an in orderline i have price.

I cant really figure out how to update total cost in list a when i'am adding new orderline item. I update orderline with a simple flow.

Any clues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Updateing total price when new item inserted.

Hi @Bergur 

1. Order List A -> is the total price

2. OrderLine List B (Child) -> is price. 

Do you have a lookup from 2 to 1 or any such relation that can identify the items in both lists with a unique identifier? 

If so, what you can do is, use the trigger, When an item is created/ updated in the OrderLine list and the action would be to get the item from list 1 based on the list 2 identifier and then add an update item action for list 1 and increment/add the values from the when an item is created trigger and the get item action to update the total cost. Makes sense? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Updateing total price when new item inserted.

Hi @Bergur 

1. Order List A -> is the total price

2. OrderLine List B (Child) -> is price. 

Do you have a lookup from 2 to 1 or any such relation that can identify the items in both lists with a unique identifier? 

If so, what you can do is, use the trigger, When an item is created/ updated in the OrderLine list and the action would be to get the item from list 1 based on the list 2 identifier and then add an update item action for list 1 and increment/add the values from the when an item is created trigger and the get item action to update the total cost. Makes sense? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,991)