cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickFear

Updating Excel File in Teams

Hi, I'm looking for some help advice.

Currently I have a report (excel).  I receive data in other excel files daily via email, and take some of this data, drop it into my report, and email it out.

I want to automate this process. We do not have sharepoint, so am planning on using teams.

I have saved my report to teams, and have asked the data senders to send their reports to the teams address. This all works now.

Now I need to get the power automate working so that it pulls data from the daily received files, and puts it into the report file.

I don't need the file to be emailed out daily, as people are given access to the teams group.

I've had a look through the forum, and found this link Solved: Update values on an Excel file received into MS Te... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.... but not sure how to even get started.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Two questions/comments:

1. Did you initially consider triggering a flow off your email and process the attachments from there instead of going through Teams?

2. I am not familiar with a situation where you would have Teams, not have SharePoint and be able to upload files in Teams.  On your Files tab in Teams do you see the option to "Open in SharePoint" (maybe an option in the ellipsis)?  If so, you could trigger your flow off when a file is created/modified in that library.

Pat

Hi, I did consider triggering the flow from email, however, I am due to leave the company in a few months time, so wouldn't want to set it up, then have to have it changed at that time.

We do have sharepoint, what i should have written is that we are encouraged to use teams rather than sharepoint.  I will have a look to see if this option is possible.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (34,810)