Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AneeqaPervaiz
Helper II
Helper II

Updating Multi-select option field in Dynamics

Hello - 

I am trying to build a flow which would trigger when a Multi-select option field (Services) is changed in Accounts. This should then populate the Services field in Contact (child records). Both are multi-select option fields - and the option set is global. 

Couple of issues here: 

1. When I look at my flow run, and on the very first action, "When the row is created or updated", I do  not see the output for Services field. I am using CDS (Current environment) steps.

AneeqaPervaiz_0-1613074600156.png

I have even used 'Get record' after this step to see if any value returns, I do not see it there either. Therefore, nothing goes in my compose step and I cannot use the compose output to update the contact field of services. How do I go around this?

2. I tried the same thing with the old Dynamics connector, that works, but it fails to trigger automatically. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

@abm @Pstork1 

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @AneeqaPervaiz ,

You can use Get a row based on record id. This will return all the fields. I have checked it on my side and it is returning all the fields including multiselect optionset. If you look at the body of output it has Text value as well.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,662)