cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
illmatic
Helper IV
Helper IV

Updating Project Owner with Power Automate

I am trying to update the Project Owner of a Project with PowerAutomate to no avail.  I've reviewed a previous post:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Updating-Project-Online-Project-OwnerID-with-Power-A... but did not have any luck moving forward. 

I have tried the following with success in the flow itself, but the Project Owner field remains unchanged.

• Adding a step to add new resource to Resource Pool via the EnterpriseResource uri (_api/ProjectServer/EnterpriseResource) and then adding them successfully to the Resource center via Email in the body).  [This was to address the issue in the post referenced above].
  • Adding a step to add the individual directly to the SPO/Project Online site as PWA is using SP permissions, and this too happened successfully.  (I added them to a SP only group, not one of the default PWA groups if this makes a difference).
  • Querying their SP UserID from the above step and then trying two different ways to change the Owner of the project with the SP UserID.
    • Creating a SP request to _api/ProjectServer/Projects('id here')/Draft and patching in the 'Id' string to the 'OwnerId'.
    • Creating a SP request directly to the Owner endpoint like _api/ProjectServer/Projects('id here')/Owner, and using the 'LoginName' parameter.   

All steps conclude successfully, but none actually update the Project Owner.  Is there something else I am missing?

1 REPLY 1
alrez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Looking through you post here it seems like you are doing everything correctly. I'm not 100% sure why you are encountering this issue. I would recommend opening a ticket with Microsoft Support. I'll include a link below on how to do so. If any other communities members have any ideas feel free to chime in.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (20,138)