cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating SharePoint contact list

We currently have a list of active interpreters who work for us and we need to maintain a contact list with their information. If a new interpreters is added to our team, or contact info is updated for them, we need that to be added or amended in the contact list. However, I cannot seem to get the flow syntax correct. 

So I need the flow to lookup existing items in the contact list, if the Candidate Name already exists, then update the item. If not, create a new contact. 

TriggerTrigger

Condition to check for existing contactCondition to check for existing contactTriggerTrigger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Updating SharePoint contact list

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to create a new item in Contact list if it doesn’t exist, while update it if it already exists?

I have figured out the following configuration for your reference.

In my scenario, I am using array variables to check whether the item exists or not. If it exists, find out the specific one, update it. If it doesn’t exist, create a new one.

Images for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to create a new item in Contact list if it doesn’t exist, while update it if it already exists?

I have figured out the following configuration for your reference.

In my scenario, I am using array variables to check whether the item exists or not. If it exists, find out the specific one, update it. If it doesn’t exist, create a new one.

Images for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-yamao-msft!

It is working and I was able to sync to my outlook but I cannot use the group to send an email. Any tips or tricks? I tried to create a form and failed, maybe I need a button to start a flow from my contact list?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,425)