cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Values Via POST Method in JSON

I am trying to create a flow that will send back an Update to IoT sensors that are used to monitor fuel levels. Once an Customer Asset record is updated, in this case a Name, I would like to call a POST Method that will Post to the specific ID (in the URL) and update the value from the Customer Asset to the API (server side). I was using the "Concat" expressions but with no luck. I should mention the field data type on the Customer Asset is a "Single Line Text", this needs to be converted to JSON format in order to be sent. 

When an Update is made on the Customer Asset RecordWhen an Update is made on the Customer Asset RecordUse a Post Method to Concat the Variable and update to the ServerUse a Post Method to Concat the Variable and update to the Server

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @KMclendon 

Add a compose and construct your url, map the name like below then under the HTTP post you can set the output of the compose. Please see below.

image.png

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @KMclendon ,

Please specify the url (endpoint which you want to call) in URI part as mentioned but use the body as follows:

{"id":"YourID","name":"toBeUpdated"}

Thanks

Microsoft
Microsoft

Here is one online tutorial on how to make an HTTP POST request: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/edfa8fde25644f149448c8d8cff44699/call-a-...

Please follow the steps in the tutorial to add required fields for an HTTP request in powerapps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,923)